CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Live your best life

To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and
refinement rather fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich;
to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly...to listen to stars and
buds, to babes and sages, with open heart; await occasions, hurry never...this
is my symphony-William Henry Channing




Saturday, September 18, 2010

THE "TREE"









This sad looking "thing" (I call it a tree as it's about 8 feet tall) has been "sitting" in a pot in a corner of our lounge looking sad for itself for the pass months. So I thought I will give it a bit of tender loving care i.e. a trim here and a tidy up there in order to revive it a bit.







It took me a few hours and I was glad that it was beginning to look quite good. So I continued to untie all the stems away from the pole to see which ones needed to be trimmed down, i.e. the bare and dried up stems etc., to make it look a bit more lush and green. Well that was the idea, anyway.








Unfortunately it was a lot more unhealthy than I first thought !!! The more I untied the more less leaves it had on!! In the end all that was left was a bare pole!!! Basically it was a massacre!! A tree no more!!

Well, then I thought "Now what ??"

Out hunting we went to the garden centres looking for another plant which hopefully will get to the same height given a few years time - that is of course, if I hadn't kill it by then !!







So this is it here - all lush and green. Its called a Yucca. Robert had one during his bachelor days and according to him it is very easy to grow - that we will see in the later months - wait till it has the "Waine" therapy ! LOL! We got this at a bargain - that is my theory anyway. It is about 4 feet tall and it had a £10 price label on it. We saw a few other (totally similar) ones with a different price - £24.99 (!!) Initially we thought there must be something wrong with the lower priced ones or else why were they more than half priced and it wasn't like there was a sale on at that moment. Well. we couldn't see anything different. My thinking is someone has been mistakenly priced them as while we were queueing up to pay I saw much smaller plants with a £10 price label on them !


HAPPY DAYS !!

1 comments:

Sharon

Poor tree......didn't survive Teresa-The ScissorHands
Good bargain though!!!

Post a Comment